What is En Primeur?
- En Primeur is also known as "Wine Futures" and refers to the process of buying wines before they are bottled (pre-purchasing) and released to the market
- Wines are usually delivered 2-3 years after the vintage, and can only be purchased by full cases of 12, 6 or 3 bottles.
- These wines are mainly from the Bordeaux, Burgundy and Rhone valley regions.
Why Buy En Primeur?
- The opening En Primeur price is almost always considerably much lower than the future price of the wine on the open market
Access To Fine & Rare Wines
- En Primeur can also be the only way to secure some rare wines that are available in very limited quantities