This course is structured as a practical introduction to the magical world of wine. it is designed specifically for people who enjoy different wines and would like to know a lot more about it.
You do not need any previous experience. The emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine, (more than 70), in a relaxed and friendly environment. It is also a great way to meet new friends who also share your love of wine.
We understand that many people have a hectic schedule, therefore the course is flexible on dates and you can also redeem missed sessions at a later state. Simply give us at least 3 working days’ notice and we will transfer you onto the next session when it rolls around.
We run this course in Greek language regularly and in English once we have a group of about 15 people.
Our seminars and master classes are presented in a simple, educational and amusing way by our qualified and experienced Managing & Education Director, Mr George Hadjikyriacos.
By the end of the 6 evenings, among other:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 6 sessions, we will have tasted wines from most of the world’s major wine regions made by famous winemakers (approximately 70 wines).
- Food & Wine matching will also give you a lot of confidence to try new pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also develop your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
- You will learn to recognize and select value for money wines, and save money by avoiding the overpriced wines.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes, booklets and some food are all provided.
The total duration of the 6 sessions is about 22-24 hours.